How can we improve Azure Management Studio?

make it free

241 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    qwqwqwqw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I want to start by apologizing for everything (not responding to this thread, apparently not much progress etc.). However let me assure you that things are progressing and gradually you will see some progress in Azure Management Studio.

I’m not sure if you know this, but Cerebrata tools have a new home now (or rather they have come back home) – http://blog.cerebrata.com/cerebrata-is-now-part-of-cynapta-software/.

So a few things I want to mention here:

1) Things are happening in Cerebrata. In fact, we have been working on including support for ARM storage accounts. Most of the development is complete and you should expect this feature to show up in AMS in next few weeks.

2) For you as Azure developers, we now have 2 offerings – Azure Management Studio and Cloud Portam (http://www.cloudportam.com). If you have a license for Azure Management Studio, we’re offering you 1 year complimentary access to Cloud Portam. There are certain features which are there in either both the tools while there are certain features which are available in either of the tools only. Now that you have access to both the tools, you can decide using which tool makes sense to you depending on your situation.

Lastly to address making it “Free”, I agree with Jahmai’s comment that even if we make it free and not evolve this product, it won’t do any one any good. One thing I do want to assure you that Cerebrata products are very much alive and kicking!

If there’re any questions or concerns about our products and/or roadmap, please feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks!

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So no new features, Storage ARM is not supported yet. We've gotten basically a bug fix patch, SAS features, and support for Germany. Seems like this product is dead in the water. Seems wholly immoral to even keep offering it for sale at this point, especially at such a high price point.

I don't think I've ever been this dissapointed with a developer tool's development before. Sucks to see what was a great tool 3-4 years ago utterly fail to keep up with the times. Too bad nobody else is making good Azure desktop software except Microsoft itself for extremely limited purposes.

• Jahmai LayJahmai Lay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long will this suggestion remain at the top of the list? I feel there are bigger fish to fry than trying to deprive Cerebrata of revenue...

• jambajamba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having an entirely separate website for working with azure seems completely beside the point. We bought this product so that we could have a useful desktop client for working with Azure. Microsoft has a pretty good portal - why would we want to use your web portal?

• dzdz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, either add features faster or make it free. the price for this thing now that it doesn't even support web apps or new style storage accounts/VMs is unconsciounable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base