How can we improve Azure Management Studio?

Enable blob metadata editing for an entire "tree"

I have a large number of files under a container in a tree structure and I need to edit the cache control metadata property on ALL of them. Looks like I'm going to have to write my own app to do this. Would be great if I could somehow do this in Azure Management Studio.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John VieleJohn Viele shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gaurav MantriAdminGaurav Mantri (Product Manager, Cerebrata) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi John,

If by cache-control metadata you mean cache-control property of blobs in a container, you can do it today itself. There's no need for you to write custom code for that.

If you wish to change the cache-control property of all blobs in a container, simply right click on the container and then click on "Set Properties of Blobs..." context menu item. In the popup window that gets displayed, simply set the desired value for cache control. Once you click "OK", the application will set the cache-control property of all blobs in that container to the value you have specified.

If you wish to change the cache-control property of selected blobs in a container, you can do that as well. Simply select the blobs (and folders) for which you wish to set the value and then right click and then click on "Set Properties of Blobs..." context menu item. After that you would follow the same procedure as above.

Please let us know if this is something you're looking for.

Feedback and Knowledge Base